Dr. Sandra (Chap) Chapman
Time & Location
About the Event
In today’s society, children receive daily messages about race, ethnicity, skin color, and many other forms of social identities. Join your Heard in Rye parent community to learn about ways to support children in their journey towards a healthy racial awareness and sense of pride. Families will learn strategies to:
1. Build their children's identity
2. Correct misinformation about identity differences
3. Broaden their identity literacy
4. Develop empathy and perspective
5. Learn skills for engaging ... and
6. Take action in the face of bias.
About the presenter:
Dr. Sandra (Chap) Chapman is the Founder of Sandra Chapman Consulting, an organization rooted in the belief that, through teamwork, we can learn more about ourselves and others; discuss and discover the foundational research needed to address the needs in a community; create conversations that support individuals where they are and confront barrier issues; and create actionable steps towards building stronger educational communities.